The Sanatorium Villemin opened on the 26 October 1900 with beds for 164 patients. Initially it was designed to have two pavilions, however, due to financial constraints, construction of the second pavilion didn't begin until 1925. The second pavilion opened on the 20 December 1928, bringing the total capacity to 328 patients. It seems from 1967 the hospital's function changed from being a sanatorium to a hospital specialising in geriatric care, a role it continued until closure in 1997.
The highlight here was definitely the 'Amphitheatre' or mortuary. Everything else was totally battered.