All text and images copyright relictus.co.uk 2018

Ospedale Banti

Sanatorio Banti, as it was initially named, opened on the 28 October 1939. After World War Two and the almost complete eradication of Tuberculosis, the sanatorium became an Ospedale. The hospital operated in this capacity until closure in 1989. Post-closure, the building was used to house Kurdish and then Albanian refugees.