All text and images copyright relictus.co.uk 2018

Maxhütte

Named in honour of Bavarian King Maximillian II, 'Maxhütte' was an important steelworks in Sulzbach-Rosenberg Bavaria. With the first firing in August 1864, Maxhütte produced steel until 23 September 2002 after declaring bankruptcy for the second time. Some of the remains have been declared an industrial monument while other parts have been demolished.

 

Sadly, we didn't get to see the whole site but what we did see was impressive.