All text and images copyright relictus.co.uk 2018

Manicomio di Vercelli

Manicomio di Vercelli opened its doors in 1937. On the 13th of May 1945, 51 soldiers of the Socialist Republic of Italy were massacred by partisans of the 182nd Garibaldi Brigade 'Pietro Camana' at the hospital. With the passing of 'Law 180' in 1978, the hospital quickly closed as a psychiatric hospital and became a general hospital serving Vercelli until 1991 when the hospital finally closed.