All text and images copyright relictus.co.uk 2018

Manicomio di Pesaro

Dating from 1829, the hospital survived World War Two, and after a Commonwealth Allied formation liberated Pesaro, it became an Allied military hospital until 1947. This is evidenced by signage painted on the walls that is now visible again as the newer paint flakes away. Following the passing of 'Law 180', the hospital began it's journey to closure that ultimately came in the mid-1990's.