JVA Nord Düsseldorf
Opening in 1893 and closing in 2012, JVA Nord Düsseldorf is a former prison in Germany. Between 1893 and 1934, eight executions took place at the jail for murder. The Nazis used the prison to detain political prisoners, and by 1933 there were already more than 300 in "protective custody." A new prison opened to the north-east of the original in 2012, and the old site closed.