Carrington Power Station
Carrington Power Station was commissioned and entered service in 1956. Planned as a pair, only station 'A' was built. Coal-fired and supplying 240 MW from four Metropolitan-Vickers turbo alternators. The station closed one year after privatisation in 1991 and was demolished in 1997. This is what remains of the canteen and office areas that weren't part of the main station building. A new Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT) Power Station has been built on the site.